Our “Kindness Matters” campaign, part of State Senator Andrew Gounardes’s “3 for Community” initiative, was featured in the senator’s recent email newsletter. Here’s what he had to say:
This month I’m honored to highlight the 3 for Community engagement of the student body at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy in Gravesend. This school year the entire academy joined forces with 3 for Community in developing their “Kindness Matters” campaign inspired by their principal, Mrs. Wolf. Each student created their own poster highlighting acts of kindness and helped to create a themed, handprint mural in the cafeteria. And students who were “caught” being kind received a postcard at home from their teacher to recognize their kindness! Principal Wolf ends every morning announcement by saying: “Remember, kindness does matter.” I couldn’t agree more.
Check out the report below from Currents! Great results that our parents can relate to.
“Sophia and her friends’ scores were almost perfect. Great job to OLGCA and our teachers!” Debbie Brown; parent of 8th grade student
The team from Currents News visited our school to report on our new inclusion program, which is designed to promote kindness.
Here is a complete list of fundraisers planned for this school year. Please reach out if you would like to volunteer!
- Back to School BBQ Saturday – September 14
- Back to School Dance Friday – September 27 (Grades 1-5 from 3:00-5:00, Grades 5-8 from 6:00 – 8:00)
- Yard Sale – October 6
- Trunk or Treat – October 25
- School Halloween Party – October 31 – Full day
- Stockings and Hats – November 12
- Santa Pictures – November 13
- Thanksgiving Feast – November 26 11:30-1:00 Gym
- School Christmas Boutique – December 10
- Breakfast with Santa – December 20
- Mozzarella/Wine Night – January 10 (w/Moms Pocketbook Raffle)
- Dance – Valentine Celebration – February 14
- Mardi Gras – February 25
- Ladies Night Out – March 6
- Bunny Pictures March 18
- Easter Breakfast in School/ Bunny Hop – April 3
- Murder Mystery – April 25- Gym
- Spring Boutique – May 5
- Muffins for Mom – May – TBD
- Donuts for Day – June – TBD
Welcome to the dedicated and energetic Home Academy Association (“HAA”) (formerly the Preserving the Vision Council). Our wish is to have a school family of actively involved volunteers. HAA runs many events and fundraisers throughout the school year for both the children and adults. These events take place during school hours, after school and a few weekends. You as HAA volunteers are asked to help out at events if possible and to attend monthly evening meetings. We understand that circumstances limit some involvement, but we want and appreciate everyone’s available involvement and support.
This year we have some exciting new events such as First Day of School Coffee, Back to School Dance, Breakfast with the Bunny and Mozzarella and Wine Night. Please feel free to contact us about any ideas you may have.
We strive for the success of our children and for Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy. Our first meeting will be held on October 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the newly named Deacon Philip Siani Cafeteria. (Please note all HAA members actively participating must be in compliance with the Diocese Safe Environment Requirements). Hope to see you there.
Tina Veselov, President
Toni DiNatale, Vice President
Christine Velazquez, Treasurer
Karina Bednarek, Secretary
Summer Office Hours
- Through Aug. 21 – 9am-12pm on Wednesdays
- Aug. 26-30 – Monday through Friday, 8am-3pm
New School Hours
- Nursery and K-8th – 8am-3pm (half days 12:30pm)
- K-8th – Wednesday, Sept. 4, 12:30pm dismissal; Thursday and Friday, full days
- Nursery – Wednesday, Sept. 4, open house 9-11am for parents and children; Thursday and Friday, 8am-12:30pm; full days (8am-3pm) start on Monday, Sept. 9